Clothes Dryer Safety
Follow these simple safety tips to prevent a clothes dryer fire in your home:
- Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional.
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter. Clean the lint filter before and after each cycle.
- Do not forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up.
- Check the venting system behind the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed or restricted.
- Make sure that the outdoor vent covering opens when the dryer is operating.
For more information:
- review the National Fire Protection Association's Clothes Dryer Safety Tip Sheet.
- visit the US Fire Administration's website.