Home Fire Sprinklers
Return to full list >>
The Burbank Fire Department wants the community to know that home fire sprinklers save lives and property. In a fire, sprinklers quickly control heat and smoke. Other vital facts include:
- The risk of dying in a home fire decreases by about 80% if sprinklers are present.
- People in homes with sprinklers are protected against significant property loss.
- Typically, only the sprinkler closest to the fire will activate, spraying water directly on the fire.
- It is extremely rare for sprinklers to operate accidentally. Only the high temperature of a fire will activate a sprinkler.
- New homes often contain modern furnishings made of synthetic materials which, in a fire, can create a highly toxic environment, greater fuel load, and faster fire propagation.