Return to full list >>
Children love the costumes, treats and friendly frights of Halloween. Ensure kids have a fun and safe holiday by following these tips:
- Choose a costume that does not have long trailing fabric or block your child’s vision.
- Give each child a flashlight to carry while trick-or-treating.
- Check porches for lit candles and other flames before letting kids approach the door.
- Use battery-powered candles or flashlights to decorate.
- Keep decorations away from flames, light bulbs and heaters.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations so nothing blocks a way out.
- Make sure all of your smoke alarms are working.