9-1-1 Education Month
April is 9-1-1 Education Month. Dial 9-1-1 in an emergency, which is any situation that requires immediate assistance from the Fire or Police Department. Examples include but are not limited to the following Fire or Police services:
• A fire
• A crime, especially if in progress
• A car crash, especially if someone is injured
• A medical emergency, especially symptoms that require immediate medical attention
When you call 9-1-1, be prepared to answer the call taker's questions, which may include:
• The location of the emergency, including the street address
• The phone number you are calling from
• The nature of the emergency
• Details about the emergency, such as a description of a fire or a person’s injuries
For more information, please watch the 911 Emergency Video or read the When to Call 9-1-1 Brochure (available in English, Spanish and Armenian).
The Verdugo Fire Communications Center was established on August 1, 1979 by the founding cities of Burbank, Glendale and Pasadena. To learn more about this regional dispatch center, visit www.verdugofire.com.