Fire Safety at Your Home Away from Home
Peer-to-peer vacation rentals, such as Airbnb, are not regulated like hotels. If you stay at a peer-to-peer vacation rental, ensure the following safety measures are addressed:
- Working smoke alarms are in every sleeping room. They are outside each separate sleeping area. They are on every level of the home.
- Portable fire extinguishers are in the home and are easy to reach.
- Working carbon monoxide alarms are outside each separate sleeping area. They are on every level of the home and in other locations as required by laws, codes, or standards.
- The owner has posted a floor plan. It notes all escape routes and exits and provides emergency contact information.
- All doors and windows that lead outside are able to be opened.
For more information, please refer to the Fire Safety at Your Home Away from Home flyer.