Return to full list >>
Brrr! As the weather gets colder, are you using your heater? Follow these tips to keep your home warm and safe:
- Do not use any fuel burning portable heaters (e.g., propane) inside your home, garage, business, enclosed space, RV camper or automobile.
- Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet away from heating equipment.
- Turn portable heaters off when you go to bed or leave the room.
- Plug space heaters directly into outlets. Never use an extension cord or power strip.
- Install a carbon monoxide alarm outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home.
For more information, please refer to the Heating Safety flyer.