The Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Membership Program offers Burbank residents an affordable means of paying emergency medical services and ambulance transportation costs not covered by medical insurance.
By joining the EMS Membership Program, you and all permanent residents of your household receive, at no additional cost:
- Emergency medical care and transportation provided by the Burbank Fire Department.
- Emergency transportation to the closest local receiving hospital, as often as necessary.
- Emergency coverage within the City of Burbank, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The program is a great value for you and your family even if you have insurance, Medicare or Medi-Cal. Not all insurance plans provide coverage for emergency medical care and transportation charges. You should check with your insurance provider to determine your exact coverage.
As an active EMS member, your enrollment fee covers any deductible or co-payment you might otherwise incur resulting from emergency medical care and transportation by the Burbank Fire Department. When emergency medical service is provided, your medical insurance will be billed. Whatever portion is paid by your insurance will be considered as payment in full. It is not necessary to have insurance to participate in the program.
Since 1974, the Burbank Fire Department has continued to provide the finest emergency medical care to our community. By joining this program, you not only save money, but also contribute towards maintaining and improving this high quality of service.
Enrolling in the EMS Membership Program
All residents of Burbank are eligible to join. Household membership coverage is for one year. To enroll, please follow these steps:
- Fill out an Enrollment Form.
- Choose one of these payment options:
- If you receive a Burbank Water and Power bill, you can have $5.00 added to your bill per month.
- To pay the fee annually, send a check for $60.00 payable to the Burbank Fire Department.
- Please return the form to the Burbank Fire Department through one of these options:
- Mail the form to:
Burbank Fire Department
EMS Membership Program
311 E. Orange Grove Ave.
Burbank, CA 91502
- If you choose the $5 monthly payment option added to your Burbank Water and Power bill, scan the form and email it to EMSMembership@burbankca.gov.
Still have a question? Email EMSMembership@burbankca.gov or call (818) 238-3486.