The Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Membership Program offers Burbank residents an affordable means of paying emergency medical services and ambulance transportation costs not covered by medical insurance.
By joining the EMS Membership Program, you and all permanent residents of your household receive, at no additional cost:
- Emergency medical services provided by Burbank Fire Department Paramedics.
- Emergency ambulance transportation to local emergency receiving hospitals, as often as necessary.
- Emergency coverage anywhere within the City of Burbank, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Requirement for Enrollment
You must be a Burbank resident!
Some insurance companies do not cover paramedic and ambulance transportation services. You should check with your insurance company to determine your exact coverage.
If you have insurance/Medicare/Medi-Cal, etc., as a member of the program, your enrollment fee covers any deductible or co-payment. When emergency medical service is provided, the City of Burbank will bill your insurance. Whatever portion is paid by your insurance will be considered as payment in full. It is not necessary to have insurance to participate in the program.
Since 1975, the Burbank Fire Department has continued to provide the finest emergency medical care available to our city. By joining this program, you not only save money, but also contribute towards maintaining and improving this high quality of service.
Enrolling in the EMS Membership Program
All residents of Burbank are eligible to join. Household membership coverage is for one year. To enroll, please follow these steps:
- Fill out an Enrollment Form.
- Choose one of these payment options:
- If you receive a Burbank Water and Power bill, you can have $4.00 added to your bill per month.
- To pay the fee annually, send a check for $48.00 payable to the Burbank Fire Department.
- Please return the form to the Burbank Fire Department through one of these options:
- Mail the form to:
Burbank Fire Department
EMS Membership Program
311 E. Orange Grove Ave.
Burbank, CA 91502
- If you choose the $4 monthly payment option added to your Burbank Water and Power bill, scan the form and email it to EMSMembership@burbankca.gov.
Still have a question? Email EMSMembership@burbankca.gov or call (818) 238-3486.